[core] IMP in Occitan

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:26:49 -0500

[I'm cc'ing this to the IMP list as it contains information that should be
helpful to other people interested in providing translations for IMP 2.3/2.4,
and other Horde apps.]

Quoting m.vdb@free.fr:

> I am willing and ready to translate the latest version so that
> 2.4.0 has its Occitan version whene it comes out ! Just tell me
> how to proceed :

Great! Apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

> - I don't know getttext

It's pretty simple. If you checkout the latest IMP/Horde sources from CVS
(http://www.horde.org/source/), you'll find a po/ directory inside IMP. In
there, there's a README file which describes the process. If you have any
questions about the contents of the readme, just let me know - it's a little
old, but it looks pretty much correct.

> - where to find the sources

If I didn't answer this question above, just let me know which sources you mean.

> - is some specific software necessary to deal with the files ?
>   (I usually work with VI on my P133 Linux machine ...)

Nope, vi is fine.

Send them either to dev@lists.horde.org (preferred, but you'll need to be
subscribed to the list), or core@horde.org.

> - and so on !

Let me know if you have any other questions! And anyone else with questions
about translations for 2.3, speak up. I can't promise that the strings are
quite stabilized just yet, but we're nearly there.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"We have no fuel on board, plus or minus 8 kilograms." -A NASA scientist