[imp] why can't I login?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:12:15 -0500

Quoting Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@hotmail.com>:

> After much pain and suffering (someone should make a note that in php4,
> include_path must be specified with double quotes instead of the single
> quotes in the install docs)

Changed in the docs. Thanks for pointing it out!

> I got horde + imp up on my server, but I can't login.  I know the IMAP server
> is working b/c I telnet to localhost port 143 and I can login fine.  However,
> it is a not very well-known imap server.  (dkimap4.)  I am new to php in
> general as well as horde software in particlar; where should I start looking
> to figure this out?  I didn't see any logfiles, or an option in defaults.php3
> to turn them on...

1. Tell us what versions of Horde/IMP you're using.
2. Be a bit more specific. What happens when you try to log in?
3. A guess: your sessions might not be working. Go to /horde/test.php3 (or
test.php, if you're on 1.3/2.3) and see if the session test works.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"We have no fuel on board, plus or minus 8 kilograms." -A NASA scientist