[imp] status of "missing reply"

Mark Chitti mchitti@openworldinc.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:44:12 -0500

I think I was the first person to have this problem.  And I've yet to find a
definate pattern of what causes it.  Most of the messages that have this
problem seem to be from Outlook or Outlook Express, but other clients
(messages sent with other clients), including IMP itself sometime have this
problem.   I cannot consistently reproduce it.

The CSS seem to be at the root of this problem, and it only occurs on replies
or reply to all.  And generally, it only occurs in Netscape 4.7x (IE suffered
from this I think maybe once).  I've also used Lynx and it doesn't have this
problem at all.

I'm at my wits end with it.  It's very annoying since I use Netscape 4.7x
most of the time (Netscape 6 Does not have this problem) and can't reply to
some people and instead have to copy and paste into a new message.  I've also
had one message that I could reply to, but a reply all did not work.  Foward
always works..

If anyone ever figures this out please let me know.