[imp] Creating users...

Darryl Ross dross@syc.asn.au
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:17:48 +1100 (CST)

Hey there Karl,

All of what you have asked is specific to your operating system, not Horde/IMP.
This is a classic case of reading the fine manual :)

I would start by reading the man pages on your system. The -k switch will help
you find information if you're not quite sure what you're after. For example,

man -k useradd

Should give you a list of man pages that describe adding a user. On my system it
gives:

useradd              (8)  - Create a new user or update default new user
information

Then you type in:

man 8 useradd

and it should give you a stack of information about what your looking at. Be
prewarned though, that a lot of the man pages are directed at programmers, so
some of it might not make much sense.

You should also try out the search engines. I use Google
(http://www.google.com/) most of the time. Just do a search for something like
"linux redhat adding users" or something similar and go from there.

If you are new to Linux, I'd also recommend joining a local Linux user group (or
perhaps not so local! I'm on the LinuxSA mailing list --
http://www.linuxsa.org.au/ -- an we have people from all over the world
subscribed!)

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.

Darryl