[imp] problem creating a connection (IMAP/SSL)

Dwight Lee dwight@fontanus.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:40:37 -0500

Hi again,

Unfortunately I'm still having trouble setting up IMP, but I'm making
progress.  Here's where I stand so far, hopefully someone will be able to
help me again.  BTW - I really appreciate the help.

I'm running the following:
HORDE 1.3.4-cvs (checked out this morning, Feb. 27, 2001)
IMP 2.3.7-cvs (checked out same as above)
Turba 0.0.2-cvs (checked out same as above)

Running on a linux box with PHP Version 4.0.4pl1
Everything in the test.php is green except PostgreSQL support which I don't
think I need because I'm using MySQL.
Sessions seem to work in the test.
PEAR, Mail::RFC822, Log, DB are all green.

IMP will allow me to log into a cyrus imap server (on a different machine)
using IMAP (143) without a problem.  Looks great...

The problem is that I want to connect to the cyrus imap server using a
secure connection IMAP/SSL (993).  The behavior is this.  After entering all
the login information, it starts to make the connection.  The browser gives
feedback like it's in the process of connecting and after a few minutes it
times out.

I don't get any information from php.log and imp.log.  My apache error_log
reports this:
[Tue Feb 27 16:29:18 2001] [info] [client 192.168.1.10] send timed out
[Tue Feb 27 16:29:52 2001] [info] [client 192.168.1.10] Read POST
information timed out

If you guys have any questions, or there was something I forgot to include,
let me know and I'll do my best to get you those answers asap.

Thanks again all.

Dwight Lee
Fontanus, Inc.

Phone:  201-239-7770 ext. 101