why can't I login?

Jonathan Ellis jbellis@hotmail.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:50:12 -0700

Sorry for the delay in replying -- hotmail was dumping mail from
horde into the bulk mail folder.  Oops. :)

> > I got horde + imp up on my server, but I can't login.  I know the IMAP
server
> > is working b/c I telnet to localhost port 143 and I can login fine.
However,
> > it is a not very well-known imap server.  (dkimap4.)  I am new to php in
> > general as well as horde software in particlar; where should I start
looking
> > to figure this out?  I didn't see any logfiles, or an option in
defaults.php3
> > to turn them on...

> 1. Tell us what versions of Horde/IMP you're using.
> 2. Be a bit more specific. What happens when you try to log in?
> 3. A guess: your sessions might not be working. Go to /horde/test.php3 (or
> test.php, if you're on 1.3/2.3) and see if the session test works.

1. Using horde 1.2.4 and IMP 2.2.4 on php 4.04pl1.
2. Not much else to say.  I try to login, it redirects me back to the login
page with a message saying my attempt failed.
3. Nope, horde itself passed the test fine.

-Jonathan