leaving messages as unread

MaD dUCK mass@madduck.net
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 16:47:16 -0500

hey,
using imp 2.2.3, i would like to be able to configure imp so that the
messages are either left as unread, or that users can mark messages as
unread.

the webmail interface is a front end for my pop3 users, and
specifically retarded clients (like micros~1 shit) fail to download
messages that have the Status: RO header.

how can i configure this correctly?

thanks,
martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
there's an old proverb that says just about whatever you want it to.

>From chuck@horde.org Date: Mon,  5 Mar 2001 00:45:27 -0500
> using imp 2.2.3, i would like to be able to configure imp so that the
> messages are either left as unread, or that users can mark messages as
> unread.
>
> the webmail interface is a front end for my pop3 users, and
> specifically retarded clients (like micros~1 shit) fail to download
> messages that have the Status: RO header.
>
> how can i configure this correctly?

Is IMP using pop3 or IMAP? If it's using IMAP, then 2.3 lets you set flags on
messages, and there might be a patch floating around to do the same for 2.2.
Also, switching to pop3 access might solve the problem...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"We have no fuel on board, plus or minus 8 kilograms." -A NASA scientist