[imp] [-HEAD] disabling changing of server, port, etc ...

The Hermit Hacker scrappy@hub.org
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 15:40:59 -0400 (AST)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>:
>
> > In the old IMP, there were variables that one could set for disabling the
> > ability for a user to change such settings ... basically, I could modify
> > servers.php, list my servers, and have a simple drop down box for users to
> > pick which server they want to connect to, without them having the ability
> > to type anything but their username and password ...
> >
> > Where, and how, does one go about doing that in -HEAD?
>
> List the servers in config/servers.php, set $conf['server']['server_list'] =
> true in config/conf.php (config/conf.php.dist is very heavily commented), and
> then edit config/prefs.php and set anything that you don't want your users to
> be able to change to locked.

d'oh, I even read through and checked things in conf.php :(  need more
sleep ...

the only thing that I'm either being blind to, or isn't documented well,
is what settings are 'available/needed' for using sql:

// What connection tracking driver should we use? Valid values are
// currently 'file' and 'sql'.
$conf['connections']['driver'] = 'none';

// Parameters for the connection tracking driver. This includes the
// database specs or file path, any usernames/passwords needed, etc.
$conf['connections']['params'] = array();

even commented out samples in here would help tremendously ...