[imp] Unofficial patches for importing addresses to 2.2.4.

Chris Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:14:01 -0600

Now  I can only import Outlook exported address books.  Has anyone
successfully used this import feature for Netscape Navigator address books?
Users do not see an error message, but the contacts are not imported.

TIA,
Chris

> Users are getting an error message :
>
> Error: There was a problem opening your contacts file. Your contacts were
> not imported.
>
> when trying to import a simple address book:
>
> Name,Nickname,E-mail Address
> Name,Nickname,E-mail Address

You should change the default upload tmp dir to /var/tmp. Or you can code it
into the script, but this may cause issues in the future:

/*
 * Return the value of upload_tmp_dir, or default to '/tmp'
 */
function tmpdir()
{
    $tmp = get_cfg_var('upload_tmp_dir');
    if (empty($tmp)) {
        $tmp = getenv('TMPDIR');
    }
    return (empty($tmp) ? '/var/tmp' : $tmp);
                                     ^^^^^^^^
}