One more mailbox locked errors

Genosha genosha@genotrance.com
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 02:02:53 -0500

Hello.
Sorry to bring this up again.  I read through the maillist but
didn't find any solution so had to bring it up to achieve some
functionality with my installation.

I have a debian box with IMP v2.2.3.  I have tried the set up
with both imapd and ipopd.  The stuff works fine with my read
messages and an empty mailbox.  As soon as the account receives
a new unread message and a login is attempted, both imapd and
ipop3d lock the mailbox and are not able to get further than
that.  Hence, my display is stuck at the login screen.  Eventually
it times out with an error talking about the mailbox.php3 file.

Even after quitting the IE window, mlock does not time out on
the server until I kill imapd/ipop3d.

Any solutions to this would rule.  I only saw suggestions to
use imapd, but that generates the same trouble.

Thanks a lot.
genosha

--

    I have, "to be", achieved,