[imp] Menu Layout in IMP 2.3.7

Chris Delaney delaneyc@royaloakschools.com
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 14:28:01 -0500 (EST)

Chuck,

  My vote is for the menu bar to be on the left.  Since most major
web sites are designed to have the menu bar on the left, the users
are used to seeing it there.

  We add additional options like FAQ and Manual to our IMP Menu and
need the extra space that a menu bar on the left allows.

  People upgrading from 2.2.x to 2.3.x are faced with a "retraining"
issue of the users. (Around here, any change to an interface is
a "big deal" to our users).  With 1000+ "newbie" IMP users, I like to
keep the complaints phone calls to a minimum.

Christopher Delaney
Royal Oak Neighborhood Schools
Network/Computer Administrator / District Webmaster