[imp] is it possible to share the temporary folder of many servers ?

Tomas Doran tomas@principle.co.uk
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:35:47 +0000

Jean Pierre Vitulli wrote:

> the config we use here is made of 4 servers running IMP 2.2.4
> a load balancer (serveriron) dispatches queries on the 4 servers.
> but then, some frames come from one server and some from another.
> it works fine with static pages but of course, with sessions and
> attachments, there will be some problems.
> so I shared the horde's temp folder on a nfs mounted folder to allow the 4
> IMP to manage the same data.
> do you think there could be some restriction to that ?
> actually, it seems to work fine.

This should be fine.. However, nfs is a slow as a dog and has major locking
issues..
This isn't really a problem as people only log in once..

However, you would probably see a performance boost and/or load reduction by
putting the session storage in some sort of SQL database. (I have a personal
preference for Postgres).

Cheers
Tomas Doran
(Sys admin and systems developer)