[imp] Still Postgres Persistent Conections problems

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:01:10 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Alexander E. Belck <alexb@iol.psi.br> wrote:

> So far I understood, all pg_pconnect where replaced by pg_connect in version
> 2.2.4 and I wonder why there is still a pg_pconnect in
> .../horde/imp/lib/db.pgsql.

Rich fixed this after 2.2.4 release:

----------------------------
revision 1.1.2.4
date: 2001/02/04 03:46:59;  author: rich;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -1
Changed this weeks ago on our production system to no ill effect, may
as well make it consistent with horde/phplib/db_pgsql.inc by using
pg_connect instead of pg_pconnect.
----------------------------

(1.1.2.4 does just like you did; change pg_pconnect to pg_connect on that
one line.)

> The errors that this change causes follows (I copyed them after trying to
> login with db.pgsql changed to use pg_connect):
>
> Warning: 1 is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in
> /usr/local/apache/php/db_pgsql.inc on line 52

Sorry I don't have anything to suggest for this one; I don't know very
much about PostgreSQL as we're not yet using it in production here.
Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>