RES: [imp] Still Postgres Persistent Conections problems

Alexander E. Belck alexb@iol.psi.br
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:03:45 -0300

For now, I will send you the output of 'uname -a'. In the next day's
I'll try to upgrade PHP, but I will still test on 2.2.4, since I
didn't have got time to studdy/learn how I deal with cvs (sorry).

[root@paca /root]# uname -a
Linux paca.spsul.com.br 2.2.17-14cl #1 qui nov 2 00:24:54 EST 2000 i686
unknown

Thanks,

Alex

PS. So far I understood from the related messages, the usage of the
conection string and not the database handle by PHP/Postgres cause the
errors when I change the pg_pconnect() to pg_connect() ?

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Rich Lafferty [mailto:rich@bofh.concordia.ca]Em nome de Rich
Lafferty
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 14 de março de 2001 15:08
Para: imp@lists.horde.org
Assunto: Re: [imp] Still Postgres Persistent Conections problems

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 10:29:23AM -0500, Rich Lafferty (rich@horde.org)
wrote:

> Blah. There's a somewhat obscure and regressive PHP/Postgres mandelbug
> in which PHP apparently identifies open connections by the string used
> to open them, thinking for some reason that that's going to be
> unique.

Which is reportedly (but unverifiedly) fixed in the latest PHP
snapshot at <http://snaps.php.net/>.

Alexander, can you give this a try (with 2.2.5-cvs, or with 2.2.4 with
all the pg_pconnect calls changed to pg_connect) and report back as to
whether it solves the problem? I can check a test case, but I can't
put Horde on the one machine of our half-dozen or so on which the bug
actually manifests itself. :-/

> Could you please send me the output of 'uname -a' on the system
> exhibiting the problem behaviour?

Still. :-) Thanks!

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services