IMP and Apache/SSL

Chris W chuddles@coin.org
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:38:00 -0600 (CST)

I want to set up my IMP box to use SSL, but I *really* don't want to
screw up Apache and all.  There have been various posts in the past
about getting this running, with some minor problems here and there.
Could someone who has successfully set this up maybe post a mini-howto
(or even just some scribbles!) about how they did it all, or point to
some proper sources on the web?  I know the info on Apache/SSL is out
there, but doesn't take IMP into consideration (or it's irrelevant?).
 I don't need IMAP-SSL, just straight SSL for Apache.  If I'm missing
the obvious, just tell me! ;)

FWIW, should mod_ssl be used or apache-ssl?  From apache-ssl.org web
site: "Apache-SSL [versus mod_ssl --cw] continues to be developed and
maintained, our main focus being on reliability, security and
performance, rather than features and bells and whistles. I hope this
makes things clear."  uhm, not really...

Thanks, the support through this list is tremendous!  The Horde team
is to be commended for developing, maintaining, and supporting this
free software.  Puts a lot of commercial vendors to shame in my
book...
-Chris