[imp] Unstable instalation?

Robert Marchand robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:30:36 -0500

Hi,

      I,ve had this problem also.  By default, sessions expires only a day
later.  On a busy
site, this can cause Share Memory to fill up.  No such problem with a database.
Also I've found that restarting the server make things worse: shared memory
is not released.

If you want to stick with shared memory, you can allow more memory I think,
but I don't
know the exact method.  Also changing the 'secret key' will allocate a new
block of
memory but the previous bloc will still be there... And you can also
reduced the session
timeout.

Hope this help.