[imp] Making large scale changes

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:12:06 -0000

Atif Ghaffar wrote:

> Too bad , you didnt see the demo.

I did; as I said, it didn't work for me (Class Not Found)

> > Anyway, your particular demo didn't work at all for me (gave me Class
> > Not Found errors); that could well be why noone responded.
>
> I dont know why you got the error, perhaps you are using M$IE.

I do indeed use MS IE.  As do a number of other people.  Any solution,
or demo, should work with all of them.  My experience with client-side
Java is that it's a nightmare (try mucking with Mac browsers' VMs).

Why the desire to make this work on the client side?  Just put in a
'check addresses' button, which will resolve addresses via an LDAP
lookup.  This is what the Outlook Web Client does, and it works
remarkably well.  We use this paradigm with the spell checking,
and there haven't been any attempts to make _that_ client side!

Anil