[imp] error with mysql configuration.

John Pollard kish2@innernet.net
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 07:56:11 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Abid Ghufran" <abidghufran@hotmail.com>
To: <imp@lists.horde.org>; <horde@lists.horde.org>; <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 12:09 AM
Subject: [imp] error with mysql configuration.

> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to setup a web based email setup on RedHat Linux 7 platform. I
> am using Horde 2.2, Imp 1.2, Php 4, Apache 1.3 alongwith the following
rpms
> required for the MySql setup: (I am running the entire setup on my single
> host for test purposes)
>
> 1) mysqlclient9-3.23.22-3
> 2) php-mysql-4.0.3pl1-1
> 3) mysql-server-3.23.22-6
> 4) horde-mysql-1.2.4-1rh7
> 5) mysql-3.23.22-6
>
> Although the required version was 3.23.24 for mysql and mysql-server,
these
> are not available at all the three ftp sites within my reach and mentioned
> in the "horde-latest.README": (ftp.horde.org, ftp.sunsite.org.net and
> ftp.sourceforge.net)
>
> Now the problem is as follows:

There are some bugs in Redhat7 .  I was trying to do the same thing and the
only way I was successful was to go to www.nusphere.com and download their
integrated mysql, apache, php setup.  This setup worked very well and I was
able to get it up and running.  When you install horde I think you also have
to install a horde library and also imp.  Please let me know if this works
of if this information is of benefit to you so that if it isn't I won't give
it to someone else.

I am
Kish2@innernet.net