[imp] still get seg faults

Max Kalika max@the-triumvirate.net
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:54:07 -0800

Quoting tdavis@birddog.com:

> Anyone else seeing similar errors?
>
> I get this error right after I login.  And I think it is successfully
> authenticating because it will come back and say if auth failed.

Yes, I noticed this a bit back when the paging code was fixed.  I snooped
around and narrowed it down to this call:

       $new = imap_sort($imp['stream'], 0, 0, SE_UID, 'UNSEEN');

Which produces this apache error (which in turn causes the seg fault)

0x80c0b87 in php_if_imap_sort (ht=5, return_value=0x83fb2c4, this_ptr=0x0,
return_value_used=1)
    at php_imap.c:2748
2748            for (sl = slst; *sl; sl++) {

Curiously though this only happens with one of my accounts.  A different
account works fine.  I am not yet sure what the requirements there are in a
mailbox to cause this.  I'll dig more tomorrow.

--mk23