[imp] Error with mysql configuration.

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 06:14:35 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Abid Ghufran <abidghufran@hotmail.com> wrote:

> 3) mysql-server-3.23.22-6
> 5) mysql-3.23.22-6

This version of the MySQL RPMs is broken, as documented by:

http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHBA-2000-133.html

> Although the required version was 3.23.24 for mysql and mysql-server,
> these are not available at all the three ftp sites within my reach and
> mentioned in the "horde-latest.README": (ftp.horde.org,
> ftp.sunsite.org.net and ftp.sourceforge.net)

That's a *minimum* version... use 3.23.29-1 which is available on those
sites.  I'll change the README to avoid this confusion.

> Warning: Cant connect to local MySql server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /var/www/horde-phplib/db_mysql.inc on
> line 73

I would update your MySQL RPMs and try again... that's likely your
problem.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>