[imp] Customization questions

andrew morgan morgan@orst.edu
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:35:33 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Daniel Givens wrote:

> I've already got that. What I want is to have Horde start up with IMP
> automatically. Right now, I put in www.domain.com/webmail/ and it goes to
> the first screen of Horde and then I have to select IMP. I want to skip that
> step. I have webmail symlinked to my Horde base install. If I were to change
> that symlink to /horde/imp, would it do what I wanted? (I haven't tried this
> yet because I need to secure IMP first before it will let me try)
>
> Daniel

Here's how I've got it configured.  In httpd.conf, I have:

DocumentRoot "/private/apache/horde"
Alias /horde/ /private/apache/horde/

This sets the horde directory to be the document root for apache.  The
alias is there so that any references by imp to files in /horde/ are
redirected to the right place.

Then the contents of /private/apache/horde/index.html are:

This redirects them to the main imp directory.  So when they try to go to
http://webmail.example.com, it redirects them to
http://webmail.example.com/imp/, where they get the imp login screen.

Hope this helps.

	Andy