Some wvWare related problems

Lars Hecking lhecking@nmrc.ucc.ie
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:30:59 +0000

 I'm using IMP 2.2.4 and horde 1.2.4, wvware is version 0.6.4; netscape
 is 4.76.

 Is there any way to suppress wvWare's error messages? If there is an itemised
 list in the document, the indentation is "running away" to the right, and
 the rest of the document cannot be viewed:

  * item
  * item
    o subitem
      - subsubitem
        - subsubitem
          - subsubitem
            - subsubitem
              - subsubitem

 If I run wvWare from the command line and compare the resulting html file
 with the one generated under IMP, I find that the only difference (apart
 from image file path names) is that wvWare's error messages are part of
 the document generated under IMP, so I presume that's what's causing the
 problem. I tried

$default->path_to_mswordview = '/usr/local/wv/bin/wvWare -x /usr/local/wv/share/wv/wvHtml.xml 2>/dev/null';

 but it doesn't work.

 So, how can these error messages be suppressed?

 Secondly, there is a wrong umask setting somewhere. Image files created by
 wvWare under IMP's control are -rw-rw--w-.

 Third, and last, said image files never get deleted. I had to set up a
 cron job to clear them out of /tmp daily.

-rw-rw--w-   1 httpd   httpd    34536 Mar 23 19:27 imp.word.2001-Mar-Fri_19:27:16__faaf61f8bd4a2e4465c7dafffa3d8ca00.jpg