[imp] probs with stable install

Terry Davis tdavis@birddog.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 05:13:28 -0600

I am not using php4 just so I can simplify everything.   I have had problems
with this lately so I wanted to start at square 1.  I basically have all
that you said but our syntax differs.  I followed the syntax from the
documentation.  But if I remember, the cvs docs use double quotes not
single, and the stable version uses single in its documentation.  I also
noted that I was to leave out the '=' sign.  Again, following the docs.

Now for your question:

I have the following for mysql:

### Start ####

/* To use an SQL database, uncomment and edit the following: */
class HordeDB extends DB_Sql {
  var $Host = 'localhost';
  var $Database = 'horde';
  var $User = 'hordemgr';
  var $Password = 'hordemgr';
  var $Port = '';

### End ####

I assume you want to use mysql.  If not then there are a few other choices
in that file

### Start ###

Last, you need this section:
class HordeSession extends Session { var $classname = 'HordeSession';
  var $cookiename     = '';           // defaults to classname
  var $magic          = 'chuckmIMP';  // ID seed
  var $mode           = 'cookie';     // We propagate session IDs with
cookies
  var $fallback_mode  = 'get';
  var $lifetime       = 0;            // 0 = do session cookies, else
minutes
  var $that_class     = 'HordeCT';    // name of data storage container
  var $gc_probability = 5;
  var $allowcache     = 'no';         // don't allow any caching of pages
}

class HordeSessionCached extends HordeSession {
  var $allowcache     = 'private';    // allow private caching of pages
}

But this section should be left alone for most cases.

Hope that helps!
Terry