[imp] poppasswd.php3

Alain Fauconnet alain@cscoms.net
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 08:40:23 +0700

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 03:25:01PM -0300, Marcus Fernando Mintz dos Santos wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm ney to IMP and have a Mandrake 7.2 with IMP 2.2.4 implemented succesfully.
> My only problem is that i can provide to my users the change of there
> passwords. In the documentation, i read the parameters in the default.php3 and
> activated that function with the built-in poppasswd.php3 function.
> The link is OK, but when i press the button to change the password. I get the
> 111 error: Conection refused. The web server is in the same machine of the
> password server. Is there any program that i must have running to listen in the
> port 106 as itīs in the documentation ?
> How can i put this function to work ?

Hello Marcus,

Yes, you need a program called (suprise!) "poppasswd". It  listens  to
port 106 and talks a POP-like protocol that  allows  users  to  change
their password.

There are several versions floating around, have a look  on  ftpsearch
or google. I'm fairly sure that ready-to-run versions for Linux should
be  easy  to  find.  I  had to hack the source code somewhat to have a
version run reliably on FreeBSD.

I got mine from: ftp://ftp.qualcomm.com/eudora/servers/unix/password

Cheers,
_Alain_
--
Alain FAUCONNET