[imp] ssl prob w/ certain browsers

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:55:19 -0500

Quoting Mark Nienberg <mark@tippingmar.com>:

> To clarify my previous list, the bad Win98 browser is IE5.0 without
> Service Pack 1 installed.  Once I install SP1, the problem goes
> away.  However, IE5.0 without SP1 and IE5.0 for Mac can both
> successfully connect to IMP over SSL at my ISP's server.  I think
> my ISP uses a different platform though (Solaris probably).

Are you using a self-signed cert? I think I remember running into problems with
older IE browsers and self-signed certs; if you are, and your ISP has an actual
cert, that could explain the problem.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Number of U.S. nuclear bombs lost in accidents and never recovered: 11