Persistent IMAP connections

Fritz Zaucker zaucker@ee.ethz.ch
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 22:07:15 +0200 (MET DST)

We were just looking at IMHO (http://www.lysator.liu.se/~stewa/IMHO/)
a bit and one feature that pleases us with IMHO is that it has
persistent connections to the IMAP server as long as a user is
logged-on. At least in our environment that should give better
performance (we don't have thousands of concurrent users that would
require many open connections).

Are there any plans for IMP to support such persistent IMAP
connections (sorry in case it already is and I missed it)?

Thanks for any comments,
Fritz

--
Dr. Fritz Zaucker, Head IT Support Group
Department of Electrical Engineering,  Federal Institute of Technology