[imp] Persistent IMAP connections

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 00:42:01 +0200

Hi Fritz,

I have tried persistent connections with IMP but failed, I dont see how it
can be done in PHP.

On the other hand, it is easily do able on the IMAP layer itself.

You will have to write an IMAP proxy, that understands PHP sessions used by
IMP
and can keep a connection open to the IMAP server for the length of the
user's session.

best regards

Fritz Zaucker wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>
> > Quoting Fritz Zaucker <zaucker@ee.ethz.ch>:
> >
> > > Are there any plans for IMP to support such persistent IMAP
> > > connections (sorry in case it already is and I missed it)?
> >
> > This has been beaten to death in the archives. Short answer: no.
>
> Sorry, should have checked there first ...
>
> Fritz
>
> --
> Dr. Fritz Zaucker, Head IT Support Group
> Department of Electrical Engineering,  Federal Institute of Technology
> ETZ J97, Gloriastrasse 35, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
> Tel.: +41-1-632-5241 Fax: +41-1-632-1194 http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~zauck=
er/
> E-mail: zaucker@ee.ethz.ch (see home page for PGP key)

Atif Ghaffar