[imp] .forward

Andreas Rohr andreas.rohr@UniBw-Hamburg.DE
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:24:33 +0200

Hi Tim,

> Has anybody written a patch or module for IMP 2.2.4 that will place a
> forwarding address in the home directory of a user.

Yes I did! And I thing it depends on your server structure. I had to write a
wrapper, which can change the UID to any user of the system and copy the
.forward file from an IMPwritten file (owned by apachedaemon) to the user
home directory. This is necessary because in home directory only the user
has access to write (at our server). Also root and apachedaemon aren't
allowed to write this file.

> ie. a field in preferences, where when an email address is entered, it
will
> write a .forward file into the home user directory, which on unix (or unix
> alike) systems will then forward all email automatically.
If you provide to add adresses to .forward I think you also have to provide
a funtion to remove, view and edit entries.

If you want, I can give you the sourcecode of the wrapper.
CU Andreas Rohr