[imp] connections table

Max Kalika max@the-triumvirate.net
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:48:50 -0800

Quoting Nick Ustinov <Nick.Ustinov@videinfra.lv>:

> Hey!
>
> I've enabled the connection tracking in mysql and it produces around 15000
> records there daily. I wonder if anyone could tell if it's really needed
> and does it purge it automatically.

Unless you configured it otherwise, it should purge the records every 24
hours.  To answer the other part of your question, connection tracking isn't
really nessesary anymore, now that we have a redirect script.  I can't think of
a way to be able to get to the redirect page to reload it without being sent
elsewhere first.  It is probably safe to disable connection tracking.

--mk23