RES: RES: [imp] Still Postgres Persistent Conections problems

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:13:45 -0500

 On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 08:48:01PM -0300, Alexander E. Belck (alexb@iol.psi.br) wrote:
> I've got some problems trying to compile PHP. The PHP I was using I came
> with my distribution in .rpm format. I executet phpinh() to get the
> confugure parameters they used, but I'm unable to get this to work.

phpinfo()? You should be able to look at phpinfo via Horde's test.php3.

> I got 3
> options that cause errors while trying to compile PHP.
> First was '--with_gdbm' witch I removed presuming that I wouldn't need it (I
> don't know exactly what consequenses this will bring up)
> Second was 'with_gettext' that I also removed with no real knoledge.
> Third was 'with_zlib' that complains to need zlib > 1.0.9 eaven I have
> zlib-1.1.3 installed.

You probably need zlib-devel; the non-"-devel" packages don't have the
headers and such you need to build against the libraries.

> Than I noticed that the distribution used 'without_mysql' that I found
> strange and tryed to use 'with_mysql' where I got a worning about the use of
> th built-in MySQL support.

Hrm? Aren't you using Postgres?

> I also was unshure how to use this 'with-pgsql' option since I didn't have
> /usr/local/pgsql as mentioned by 'configure --help'. My distribution placed
> have /usr/lib/pgsql/ instead ?, but the configure process proceded with anny
> combination of ('with-pgsql','with-pgsql=/usr' or
> 'with-pgsql=/usr/lib/pgsql') so I do not know witch one to use (if anny).
>
> Could you help me in anny way to go on in this upgrade ?

Since I don't install any critical software from RPM, probably not,
because I don't know what you're missing. Without the actual error
messages you see, though, I *certainly* can't.

> ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-debug --enable-pic --enable-inline-optim
> ization --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs --enable-shared --disable-static --with-c
> onfig-file-path=/etc/php4/apache --with-exec-dir=/usr/bin --with-regex=syste
> m --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-png --with-db2 --enable-debugger --e
> nable-magic-quotes --enable-safe-mode --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --en
> able-track-vars --enable-yp --enable-ftp --enable-bcmath --with-mysql --with
> -pgsql=/usr --with-xml

Holy cow, that's huge! Off the top of my head, try

 ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs \
             --with-config-file-path=/etc/php4/apache \
             --without-mysql \
             --without-gd \
             --with-pgsql=/usr \
             --prefix=/usr

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services