[imp] mail headers

Steven Patterson S.R.Patterson@soton.ac.uk
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 12:43:48 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Ustinov" <Nick.Ustinov@videinfra.lv>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 12:32 PM

> kasjauns@inbox.lv using -f
>
> Is it my sendmail problem or IMP ?

It's sendmail.  IMP always runs as user nobody so has to set the username
for the outgoing email to something else (so that all the mails aren't from
nobody@inbox.lv).  Sendmail sees this and adds a warning to the message to
say that it's been "faked".

Solution is to edit your /etc/sendmail.cf or /etc/mail/sendmail.cf or
whereever else your sendmail.cf file might be and add "nobody" to the
trusted class.  Look for lines, of the form:

#####################
#   Trusted users   #
#####################

# this is equivalent to setting class "t"
#Ft/etc/mail/trusted-users
Troot
Tdaemon
Tuucp

The simple answer is to add a line below these which reads:

Tnobody

If your file instead defines a file class, i.e. you have an uncommented
(doesn't start with a #) line starting "Ft" with a file path immediately
following it then instead you will need to add "nobody" to the file
specified.

Hope that helps, since it's a little off-topic imp feel free to mail me
directly if you need any more help.

Steve
--
|       Electronic Information Systems Support and Development       |