[imp] How Ready is 2.3.7?

Rick Stevens rstevens@vitalstream.com
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 11:24:37 -0700

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

  > Quoting Rick Stevens <rstevens@publichost.com>:
  >

  >> I've ported these changes to the 2.3.7 release, and I'm in the final
  >> stages of testing that.  I can give you some info now, however:
  >

  > Would you be willing to post descriptions and patches to the list
when these
  > are ready?

Sure.  It's not very tricky.  You have to make minor additions to
Horde.lib and the top-level IMP stuff (like imp/folders.php, etc.)

The branding (fonts, colors, etc.) is kinda system-specific (unique
to our layout), but can be done in a number of ways.  I can document
what WE did and offer suggestions as to other methods that'd accomplish
the same thing.

  >> I'm also in the process of creating a virtual-domained version of
  >> Kronolith (MCAL) that doesn't rely on a flat file (with this many
  >> users and domains, it's suicide to do that).  I'll try to keep you
  >> all informed as to how it's going.
  >

  > I'm very curious what you're doing in this respect, too. Care to
share on the
  > kronolith list?

Well, yeah, I guess.  I've got to roll out this new Horde/IMP/Turba/
Kronolith release first, before I get too involved in answering
questions.  Give me, say, a couple of weeks to make sure everything's
working first.

Oh, one more goodie: I'm developing a mechanism whereby clients can
upload their MS Outlook address books to Turba.  We've had a lot of
interest in that one.

Also note that my email address has changed due to the merger of
PublicHost and VitalStream.  The new address is in the .signature
stuff.

- Rick Stevens, SSE, VitalStream, Inc.      rstevens@vitalstream.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                    http://www.vitalstream.com -
-                   "The bogosity meter just pegged."                -