[imp] wvHtml not working correctly.

Nick Silberstein nick@darktwin.net
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 06:19:59 -0700 (PDT)

Viewing Word docs does not work correctly for me, as well.

I get a tremendous number of the following error messages mixed in with
the HTML output from wvWare:

 wvError: (./text.c:400) iconv failed errno: 84, to:iso-8859-15 from:UCS-2

If I run wvWare from the command line, the same messages are printed out.
However, if I filter out STDERR by just doing:

 wvWare -x /usr/local/share/wv/wvHtml.xml test.doc >test.html

test.html does not contain any of the error messages and does contain a
perfect HTML version of the Word doc.

Anyone know how to resolve this? These error messages seem harmless, as
the HTML version looks great when they are stripped away, but the
presence of these thousands of errors makes the Word doc viewer useless.

Thanks very much, I'd love to be able to view Word docs in Imp!

Nick

--
Nick Silberstein <nick@darktwin.net>