[imp] Return-path problem with IMP on Solaris

Lisa Koch lkoch@coe.neu.edu
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:20:55 -0400

I don't think that sendmail is the problem.  I can send mail using the
"-f" option from the command line, while logged in as the apache user,
and it arrives with the "Return-Path" set to the "-f" user.  However, I
added the apache user to the trusted users anyway (didn't help). BTW,
our apache user is usually www; I switched Apache to run as "nobody" in
the test message whose headers you saw, to try other ideas (didn't
help).

My guess is that IMP is not passing the argument to the "-f" option to
sendmail, somehow.  As I mentioned before, PHP seems picky about
whitespace on Solaris, more so than on Linux.  I notice stuff about
"escapeShellCmd" in horde.lib.  What is this, and could it be
OS-specific?  Other ideas?

Thanks for your suggestions!  Lisa

--
Dr. Lisa K. Koch
Assistant Dean for Educational and Computer Technology