[imp] The problem of Chinese folders

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 21:55:06 -0400

Quoting ªô»¨¬F <robin_chiu@corp.giga.net.tw>:

>     I find the IMP cann't encode the Chinese folders correctly , when I
> create new
> Chinese folders. And I cann't decode the Chinese folders correctly. I
> checked the
> source code of IMP , and finded it use the imap_utf7_decode and
> imap_utf7_encode
> to encode and decode the name of folders.  But they cann't decode and
> encode
> Chinese
> correctly. Anyone can tall me how to let use can use Chinese folders.

If imap_utf7_encode/decode don't handle Chinese characters correctly, you need
to file that as a bug against php (with examples of both how it should and does
work).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>

Taurus:
You will receive an urgent transmission from the Martian government informing
you that Mars does not, in fact, need women, so please stop sending them.