[imp] how to configure multi server

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:04:24 -0400

Quoting Said Madrus <madrus@cbn.net.id>:

> i am new using imp, i have a problem, if i am using rules like this
>    email [a-j]xxxxx@domain.com using mail server A   (Imap)
>    email [k-r]xxxxxx@domain.com using mail server B    (Imap)
>    email [s-z0-9]xxxxxx@domain.com using mail server C  (imap)
>    horde server using Server D
> how to set imp configuration ? is it posible ?

First of all, I assume you want to make this transparent to users - otherwise,
just create 3 server entries.

Well, I think someone mentioned a kind of IMAP distributor a while ago on this
list that might solve this for you - check the archives.

Otherwise, you'll have to insert a bit of code in IMP's login routines to set
the server depending on the username. If you're not sure how to do this, tell
us what version of IMP you're using, and anything else relevant, and someone
will help you.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>

Taurus:
You will receive an urgent transmission from the Martian government informing
you that Mars does not, in fact, need women, so please stop sending them.