[imp] local and internet mail delivery

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:59:35 -0400

Quoting Lars Maschke <lars@gmeiner.de>:

> The location is a school. Internal emails can be send from one workstation
> to another. In addion every workstation can send emails in the internet.
> The
> recipient in the internet can that not reply the message because he/she
> gets
> an email from e.g. pc0@intern.int, pc1@intern.int
>
> how can i tell sendmail or horde-imp that every email that goes outside has
> the adress school@foo.com
> and every email sending in the intranet the from-header: pcxx@intern.int

So the external address is the same no matter what?

I think you're better off just hacking that into sendmail. IMP doesn't have a
nice way to know what's internal and what's external...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>

Taurus:
You will receive an urgent transmission from the Martian government informing
you that Mars does not, in fact, need women, so please stop sending them.