[imp] double messages sent

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:54:07 -0400

Quoting Jeremy Wadsack <jwadsack@wadsack-allen.com>:

> We just installed IMP 2.2.4 on a Cobalt RaQ server with PHP 4.0.4pl1,
> using MySQL 3.22.32. Whenever we send compose and send a message through
> IMP, the message gets sent twice. The first one contains the
> X-Authentication-Warning header, the second one doesn't. They are sent
> seconds apart.
>
> Any ideas why this is happening? Any thoughts where to look for more
> information?

It's possible that sendmail is returning a failure code even though it's
sending the email, so IMP is trying to fall back on php's mail() function. You
can change this behavior or debug things in the mailfrom() function in
horde/lib/horde.lib.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>

Taurus:
You will receive an urgent transmission from the Martian government informing
you that Mars does not, in fact, need women, so please stop sending them.