Document contained no data - need no registry

BORGULYA Gergely ger@hksz.eszhok.bme.hu
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:07:15 +0200 (CEST)

I've installed imp 2.2.3 on my SuSE Linux i386 7.0 (this is may second
update
from 2.2.1) with postrgres 7.0 also updated form ver 6.4.  I use imp only
for
reading mail on a foreign pop3 mail-server wich offers no easily usable
mail-reading possibilities. (At our university everyone gets mail-account
on
that sever automatically, so I have nothing to do with registring
accounts.)
I have two problems:
- since my last upgrade (2.2.2 -> 2.2.3 & postgres 6.4 -> 7.0) the most of
the readers get the error message "Document contained no data" but some of
them (including me) can use imp perfectly. I don't even no where to start
searchig the problem - this is very close to my second problem:
- I would need no registration, but I don't know what it is for in the
program of imp, so I don't know if I could just not use it, or do I have
modify the program to make it not to use registry.

So what I ask is, if anyone could tell me about the role of the registry
and
about the error mentioned above.

Gergely, BORGULYA