[imp] IMP and filters

Alain Davreux alain@davreux.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:31:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm not a pro but here are my answers :

> Hi!
>
> I noticed a strange fenomen, when i make a filter
> and ask that filter to move message to a folder, it
> copys them and leaves a copy with a sign of deleting
> also in the INBOX, well i made the filter to move the
> mail not to copy. How can i make it so that it would
> not leave a message in the INBOX.
>
> Or i have missunderstood the need for filters and
> they should not be used as rules in Outlook.

It is normal, to move a message it copies it and deletes the original, it is
the way IMAP is to be used. Just purge (= empty trash)!
A preference shall allow you to hide the messages deleted, so it vould be just
as a 'normal' move.

> And one more thing, it seemes that if the box is
> shut down and started again (linux where all this is)
> then those filters i have set seeme to get lost.
> Is this normal, have i missconfigured something.

Some preferences are not saved in beta version, it'll be fixed.

Hope it helps.

Alain