[imp] IMP and filters

Toomas Vann tom@bns.ee
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:32:25 +0200

OK!

I will try to be a spesific as my english allows and
as much i tryed different things.

I used INSTALL document and all cases, exept to make
tables and db into MySQL. First i tryed to use scripts
in /horde/scripts/db/ i edited them as far as put in a different
password and a host to use. I could connect aftewards to the
database with those login/passwd in that script. I also
put them into /imp/config/conf.php as it was described in
INSTALL document. As far as i looked log that IMP self
created and mysql.log i did not see any error messages,
but none of the preferances i tryed were saved.

I though that maybe it is cause i had used mysql from
rpm, and there for compiled mysql from scratch, and also
php and so on. Then i tryed those script again, same result.

Then for no reason i thought that i would do it as it was described
in INSTALL document, manualy. Did it and it worked.

In few days, i will try to install HORDE CVS version and IMP CVS
version to a RedHat 7.1 (at this point i am using last beta)
I will try the same things, maybe now i can find something.

As far as this time i took for understanding, that there were
something wrong with those scripts, probably something
using tabels (writing and deleteng data from there).
Unfortunetly, this is my first contact with MySQL and
i dont know much...

Hope that this gives something, and hopefully i can
find more interesting information in fe days...

Toomas