[imp] *.att in /tmp

Steven Patterson S.R.Patterson@soton.ac.uk
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:06:56 +0100

Apologies for the top-post but this isn't a direct answer to the question so
maybe I can be forgiven!

Related to the below I went to 2.2.4/1.2.4 and found that when trying to
attach to a message an error was produced claiming that the file could not
be read from /tmp (whatever random filename was chosen for it).  On
investigation I found that the upload (HTTP POST) was putting the files into
/var/tmp and the reload of the compose window was trying to read them from
/tmp!  It seems as if the function which chooses the temp dir was returning
/var/tmp the first time and /tmp the second - I can't understand how or way
though!  I solved the problem by changing this function in compose.php3 to
return /var/tmp by default, which is fine for me.  Anyone got any insights
into how this occurred though.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, doesn't compose.php3 do an unlink on the file
once the email is sent?  Hence cleaning /var/tmp or /tmp should be
unnecessary?

Steve
--
|       Electronic Information Systems Support and Development       |