server side filters

Werner Reisberger werner@pure.ch
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 01:06:51 +0200

I wrote a web interface which allows to create procmail filter and to
modify imap folder rights. The tool (vfilter) is designed for users who receive
email for a whole domain (xyz@dom.main) but can also be used by simple
Mailbox users with a single address.

It allows the usual delete, to-folder and forward filters and additional
multiple notify, autoreply and vacation filter. It has been tested and used
with a cyrus-postfix-postgresql combination but can be used with other IMAP
servers, MTA's and DB's with some tweaking.

vfilter is available under

     ftp://ftp.pure.ch/vfilter/

It's written in perl therefore it cannot get integrated in IMP but maybe
some people find it useful. I wrote vfilter because I am familiar with
procmail, using procmail recipes since years and don't want to skip it in
favour of sieve or other filter solutions.

 Werner