[imp] unspecified function pg_pconnect() error ?

Rick Stevens rstevens@vitalstream.com
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 13:18:30 -0700

JayasankarGNair wrote:

> Hi,
>          When I try to login to my pop3 server wchich is a separate
> machine...
> I get the error " Call to unsupported or undefined function pg_pconnect() in
> ./lib/db.lib on line 322"
>
> When I checked up the file ../lib/db.lib I found the command
>
> return{{$db=pg_pconnect{$dbconnectstring}}};
>

> What does this mean?

>       I have IMP-2.0.11-1 installed with
> 1.apache-1.3-14-2.6.2
> 2.mod-php3-3.0.15-1tr
> 3.horde-core-1.0.10-1
> 4.postgrespl-6.5.3-6
> 5.Openldap-1.2.10-4
> 6.Mysql-3.22.32-1

It means that your mod-php3 wasn't compiled with PostgreSQL support and
you're using PostgreSQL to handle your session information (at least).
You'll have to recompile mod-php3 and rebuild Apache.

> on my Red hat linux 6.1 machine.I needed to get mails from my pop3 server
> through the IMP server.
>
> I'm getting the /horde/index.php3 page correct when I go to
> http://ipaddress/horde/
>
> But when I click on 'Imp' in the index.php3 , I'm getting a "DOCUMENT
> CONTAINS NO DATA "error.

Fix your mod-php3 stuff and I think that'll go away.  IMP's not able
to track your session information.

- Rick Stevens, SSE, VitalStream, Inc.      rstevens@vitalstream.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                    http://www.vitalstream.com -
-    Reality: A crutch for those who can't handle science fiction.   -