[imp] unspecified function pg_pconnect() error ?

Rick Stevens rstevens@vitalstream.com
Thu, 03 May 2001 13:10:27 -0700

JayasankarGNair wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>      Thanks for the reply!

That's what the mailing list is for! 8-)

> I've reinstalled Postgres on my IMP server.And now when I try logging in
> ,"no documents available error" comes.

You have

	folder : /home/usrname/mail/inbox/

set up.  Try changing it to '' (empty).  POP has no concept of folders.
It has a single mail folder, the "inbox".

> I'm able to query my POP3 server through telnet as you said from my IMP
> server.
> But I dont have an IMAP server any where in my network.

Sorry to hear that.  IMAP is much more capable than POP, supports
folders, has improved authentication, uses less disk I/O so it runs
faster and doesn't flog the disks as bad, etc.  If you can, you should
look seriously into installing it.  Your users will thank you! 8-)

> If  I'm to setup sendamil on my IMP server itself and use the same machine
> as my mail server what other things should I do?

If sendmail is to send mail out over the internet (to other domains),
you must set up your DNS resolution (assuming some form of Unix, edit
/etc/resolv.conf appropriately).  You'll have to edit imp/defaults.php3
to set up sendmail appropriately.  For example:

	$default->path_to_sendmail = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';

Change the path appropriately.  You'll find the actual command line
used to call sendmail in horde/lib/horde.lib, if you're interested.
By default, the line looks like:

	$mail = popen("$default->path_to_sendmail -i -f$from
		-- $recipients", 'w');

(I folded the line for readability--it's really one line).

> When the mail server is the localhost itself what port should I give on the
> login screen?

The same port, 110 for POP, 143 for IMAP.

> I'm planning to setup sendmail on the machine loaded with IMP.Will that be
> fine?

Yes, that's fine.  Many (maybe even most!) people run it like that.

Make sure you read the FAQs for Horde and IMP.  A number of gotchas
are described in there.

- Rick Stevens, SSE, VitalStream, Inc.      rstevens@vitalstream.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                    http://www.vitalstream.com -
-          "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."           -