Attachment download error w/ IMP 2.3.7-cvs & IE4

Michael Koetter nmail2@nmail.de
Thu, 10 May 2001 12:06:23 +0200

Hi,

Iīm new to this list and I hope this topic has not been discussed before.

We are running a small freemail-service in germany (http://www.nmail.de/) which
we want to upgrade to use IMP 2.3 .
While experimenting with various browsers etc. I noticed that downloading
attachments with IE 4 (IE 4.72.3110.8 as it says in the about box) doesnīt work.
IE aborts with the error message "The downloaded file is not available
[blabla]" even before showing a file save dialog.
It seems the problem is somewhere in "view.php" and I think itīs related to the
HTTP headers sent by IMP, but I canīt figure out why it does not work.
All other browsers (Netscape, IE5, Mozilla) seem to work.
If someone got a suggestion, please help me!

If you canīt reproduce the bug, feel free to go to http://test.nmail.de/ ,
register and send some testmails.
Other than this bug, IMP 2.3 seems to work quite well :-)

Thx in advance,

Michael Kötter

--

test.nmail.de system configuration: