[imp] Word wrapping in IMP 2.3.7-cvs

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Fri, 11 May 2001 22:01:01 -0400

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 04:50:50PM -0400, Rich Lafferty wrote:

> > What would be a better minimum value?  Perhaps 40 or 50
> > characters?
>
> Assuming that we want to account for the case in which someone doesn't
> set it explicitly, I'd say either 65, 70, or 72. The latter, of
> course, allows you to resort your cards when you drop them. :-)

I don't see the point in adding code for the case where people
forget to update their config/prefs.php file.  The default
preference is 80 characters (site configurable).  The value I was
referring to is the minimum wrap length (which ends up being the
default when people don't configure their preferences correctly).

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology