Scalable webmail HOW-TO

Daniel Gil daniel@wap.com.ar
Mon, 14 May 2001 13:32:40 -0300

Hi everbody.

I just wanna ask if somebody use the Scalable webmail HOW-TO successfully
with new IMP,Horde,Apache IMAP, MySQL, Cyrus & Postfix releases. Coz the
ones used on the Howto R a little bit old. :-)

And what Hard & Soft R using for how many Users.

I had Surfin the MARC, There is really Odd anwsers about these topic.

Amir: "First of all, I plan
to have about one million people accessing the e-mail
system per day; about 100 users synchronously
accessing IMP and the IMAP server"

He was encouraged to read & used the suggestions In The Scalable webmail
HOW-TO.

David:"I'm running IMP at the end of a 128K line on a P3 750 with 128Megs of
RAM.
I have on average 200 simultaneous connections accessing their webmail, at
times I have noticed that the responsiveness of IMP slows down badly."

Well, He is having 2X Amir's requirements in a single machine with 128k
line.
He was encouraged to use APC.

Then Julien said:"I use the Imp webamil 2.2.x ( with cyrus imapd 1.6.22)
with 20000 users.
With a machine for the webmail and a machine for cyrus.
The Webmail machine is under linux and have two processeur P800Mhz with 1Gb=
=20
of RAM."

He have got a better resources than David, So if David can do what he is
doing with a single Pemtium of course that Julien Users are happy, but i
think his system is more than he need.

So I just wanna ask:

where is the bottom Line??.