[imp] Pre-load contacts?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 14 May 2001 21:36:10 +0000

Quoting Joseph Santaniello <jsantaniello@nowcom.com>:

> I'm using Horde 1.2.4 and IMP 2.2.4 and the contacts are stored in a MySQL
> database, pretty much a "stock" install from the tarballs.

Well, how many users do you have? Is it out of the question to just pre-load
the db for all users (probably, if you have any decent amount). Otherwise, I'd
suggest writing a hook in the initial login code (session creation - ImpSession
class) that checks a table to see if a user is initialized, and if not preps
their contacts.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"When you can't even start, it's time to stop" - Jason