undefined JS function after resize

Alexander Dietz alex@munich.sgi.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 15:05:35 +0200

[Subject was: Javascript "function" syntax]

OK, it was a really stupid thing to think, that changing those function
definitons by deleting a space would change anything...

I discovered the following now (configuration: horde 1.2.4 / imp 2.2.4 /
Server Version: Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) PHP/4.0.3pl1 mod_ssl/2.7.1
OpenSSL/0.9.6):

- start with "normal" Netscape client window loading IMP's startpage.
- log in as usually
- clicking on "Compose" on the left side opens the Compise window
  (cancel the message for this test)
- Resize the Netscape client window running IMP
  (this is a typical user behaviour: go to IMP's startpage -- log in --
  realize, that your window is to small for getting all without wrapping --
  press the "Maximize Window" button -- continue working)
- Netscape client refreshes all stuff, but obviously forgets about those
  Javascript definitions of "menu.php3" on the left side:
- Clicking on "Compose" results in nothing now.
  (entering "javascript:" into the URL field is showing the JS errors)
- Press the "Reload/Refresh" button and all is working again...

This occurs with Netscape Communicator 4.76 (Unix/IRIX) and Netscape
Communicator 4.7 (Windows NT) and does not occure with MS Internet Explorer 5.

One more interesting thing: Watching the webservers access.log file I can see,
that
- resizing a Netscape window results accesses to the server
- resizing a MS Internet Explorer window does not access the server at all.

I played around with different
statements without success...

Has anyone discovered this, too? Any idea of how to solve this?

thanks a lot for a reply,
  aleX.